Meet our Providers
Dennis Schimpf, MD, MBA, FACS
After five years of practicing plastic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina as a full-time faculty member, I left the medical university and started Sweetgrass Plastic Surgery.
My goal for Sweetgrass Plastic Surgery is simply to provide the highest level of care in a personal and individualized manner where the patient and their family’s needs are our only concern.
The initial focus of my practice at MUSC was reconstruction, specifically breast reconstruction, abdominal wall reconstruction after hernia repair and cleft lip/palate surgery. As the scope of my practice has expanded over time to include more cosmetic based procedures, I feel my early experience with difficult and challenging reconstruction cases has given me a strong surgical experience and foundation as a plastic surgeon in the Lowcountry.
A strong foundation in reconstructive surgery is crucial to being proficient in performing cosmetic and plastic surgery of the face and body. This experience and foundation gives me the ability to provide amazing care and cosmetic surgery results for my patients throughout the Lowcountry with Sweetgrass Plastic Surgery offices in Charleston, Summerville, and Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
Highlight of Qualifications
- Double Board Certified (American Board of Plastic Surgery / American Board of Surgery)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Founder and director of the Advanced Breast Reconstruction Program at the NCI designated Hollings Cancer Center / Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC(2010-2013)
- A national leader in the use of Perforator Based Microsurgical (DIEP) breast reconstruction. (Routinely performing approximately 100-120 DIEP flaps per year)
- Member of the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM)
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Assistant Professor Department of Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina (2008-2013)
- Associate Program Director- Medical University of South Carolina Plastic Surgery Residency Program (2008-2013)
- Earned an MBA degree from the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina with a concentration in International Business (May 2013)
Jordan Harper, NP
Jordan Harper is an American Academy of Nurse Practitioner’s Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She completed her undergraduate studies at Auburn University where she received a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing. She received her Master’s of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner from The University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Nursing.
Jordan specializes in facial rejuvenation treatments through dermal fillers and neuromodulators. She approaches her work by enhancing the client’s beauty in a natural-looking way. Her goal is not to alter the client’s look by over-treating, but rather rejuvenate and “erase the years” to recreate a younger-looking face. She also helps with new patient consults, follow up appointments, and small dermatologic procedures.
Prior to becoming a nurse practitioner, Jordan was a critical care registered nurse for 5 years. She has served on several medical trips internationally where the focus was providing health care to undeserved nations. In her free time, Jordan enjoys traveling, being outside on the water, doing hot yoga, and hanging out with her husband and their golden doodle, Henry.
Rebecca Zerwick Johnson MPAS, PA-C
Rebecca grew up in Denver, Colorado and moved to Charleston to attend MUSC in 2004. She received her Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies in 2006. Since graduation, Rebecca has worked five years in rural medicine which included dermatology, another five years in Emergency medicine and three years with a weight loss clinic. She joined Dr. Schimpf in January of 2015 to help with new patient consults, follow up appointments, laser treatments, small dermatologic procedures, injectables and the Juliet laser. Rebecca married a South Carolinian, has a sweet active two year old son and just gave birth to her second son in July 2016. Rebecca loves being outside and out on the water, leads boot camp at 5am, and has led many medical mission teams.
Brittany W. Tucker, PA-C
Brittany obtained her Masters degree in Surgical Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2012. She has experience in dermatology, surgery, and emergency medicine. She lives in West Ashley with her husband and her dog, Sullivan.